Tuesday, May 3, 2011

if i were the player

posted: 081109
i’ve never been an athlete, running in the field.
i’ve never been a volleyball player, jumping to block the ball.
i’ve never been a basketball player, shooting for goals.
i’ve always been a cheer leader, using my voice to encourage the player.

But then..
I DREAMED TO BE THE PLAYER.
I want to run fast and be first on the finish line… champion in your heart.
I want to jump high and block the spikes of pain and heartaches.
i want to grab and steal your heart from my rivals.

i just don’t want to be the one you’ll hear shouting your name, but you won’t even notice as there as so many of us cheering our hearts out.
i’m always hoping you’ll glance by my way after your 3-point shot.

I WANT TO BE THE PLAYER.
i want to feel important when the crowd is cheering.
i want to experience being fouled onto, so i can have the ball and have a chance to take a shot…
a chance to shoot for my goal — your heart!

UNFORTUNATELY,
i’m not a fast runner, i can’t run and chase after you.
i don’t have the strength to spike and deliver an ace service.
i have no guts to rebound you from a failed attempt of my opponent.

I WON’T BE ABLE TO WIN THE GAME.

So i guess, i will forever be BEHIND YOUR CROWD.
i’ll just be watching from the bleachers.
i will SHOUT for your name NO MORE.
i will no longer be wishing you’d take a look at me during time-outs.
when your game ends, so is my role being your cheerer.
this i tell you now..

QUIT PLAYING GAMES WITH MY HEART!

- jamittle -
081109

No comments:

Post a Comment